Former DX station, now a Packard Museum. Photographs by Marvin Van Wyck. See http://aftonstationroute66.com/index.html
Changed ownership from Dukes, Arch W to Fowler C E Service Station.
Mill Creek D-X Service Station, 1940
Welborn’s Service Station, 1940
Colgan’s D_X Service, 1940
Young & Smith D-X in 1940
Sinclair, Shell and Diamond Service Stations, US Highway 36 near the Bevier junction of Missouri State Highways C and O, looking east, unused postcard photo, Bevier, Missouri, circa 1930s. From left to right is the Sinclair Service Station on the north side of the highway, the Palastino Shell Station and …
Barnesville Store, Filling Station and Post Office, built about 1905, five miles west of Atlanta, circa 1930. Originally founded sometime prior to 1884 by Ovias Barnes who purchased the land from Abram Still, A.T. Still’s father, whose original land claim included Macon County’s Independence Township.
Christy’s Camp and Service Station, Old Highway 36, Callao, circa 1928. Christy’s Camp was reportedly the first camp, forerunners to motels, to open on US Highway 36 in Missouri. The camp and station were built and operated by Gilbert Christy and his sons Walter and Marvin. Thelma Jo Christy, popular …
DX Station, northwest corner of Vine Street and Missouri Street (US Highway 63), looking northwest, circa 1955. Photo courtesy of Robert Berti. DX Station, northwest corner of Vine Street and Missouri Street (US Highway 63), July 17, 1961.