NE corner of Vine & US-63, Macon, MO

Lauck’s Market and Mobilgas Station, Macon, MO, 1947.

Lauck’s Market and Mobilgas Station, northeast corner of US Highway 63 & Vine Street intersection, looking north, 1947.  Coulson’s Phillips 66 Service Station was later built on this property.  The Lauck’s were well known for being extremely generous during the  difficult World War II economy.   Photo courtesy of Gene Shoush and Merlyn Amidei.

 

Lauck’s Market and Mobilgas Station, northeast corner of US Highway 63 & Vine Street intersection, looking northeast, 1947.  Coulson’s Phillips 66 Service Station was later built on this property.  The Lauck’s were well known for being extremely generous during the  difficult World War II economy.   Photo courtesy of Gene Shoush and Merlyn Amidei.

 

 

Coulson’s Phillips 66 Service Station, northeast corner of Vine Street and US Highway 63 (Missouri Street) junction, looking southeast, January 29, 1960.  The house on the far right (southeast corner of the junction) was later razed to erect a Kerr-McGee Filling Station.

 

 

 

Looking north at the junction of Vine Street and Highway 63; DX Station on the northwest corner, Coulson’s Philips 66 Station on the northeast corner; circa 1975.

 

 

 

Coulson’s Phillips 66 Service Station, northeast corner of Vine Street and US Highway 63 (Missouri Street), looking northeast, January 29, 1960.  Jerry Coulson later bought and razed the house on the far left to accommodate a U-Haul trailer lot as an addition to his business.  J. Burdman Auto Parts store was later built on that lot and Sportsman’s Corner is the current occupant.

 

 

 

Coulson’s Phillips 66 Service Station, northeast corner of Vine Street and US Highway 63 (Missouri Street), looking northeast, 1964.  Jerry Coulson later bought and razed the house on the far left to accommodate a U-Haul trailer lot as an addition to his business.

 

 

Looking north at the junction of Vine Street and Highway 63; DX Station on the northwest corner, Coulson’s Philips 66 Station on the northeast corner; circa 1975.