Elm Tree Filling Station advertising “Better Gasoline” and “Magic Oils,” northwest corner of Rutherford and Bourke Streets, circa 1920s. This location was later occupied by Alphus T. Richmond’s Shell Filling Station and Tire Shop.
Alphus T. Richmond’s Tire Shop and Shell Filling Station, northwest corner of Rutherford and Bourke Streets, circa 1940s. Richmond was Macon’s Chief of Police for many years. Photo courtesy of Pat Bonuchi.cropped_clipping_9656814Richmond
Macon Chronicle-Herald, Apr 30, 1946
Advertisement courtesy of Merlyn Amideicropped_clipping_9657044GarSoconyRichmond
Macon Chronicle-Herald, Oct 28, 1946
Advertisement courtesy of Merlyn Amideicompressed_cropped_clipping_9657147Richmond
Macon Chronicle-Herald, Feb 19, 1949
Advertisement courtesy of Merlyn Amidei